- Materials & Techniques:
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 15 3/8 × 19 7/16 inches (39 × 49.4 cm), Image: 13 7/8 × 18 5/8 inches (35.3 × 47.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "18383"; lower left: "Market | A1815"; lower right: "marked a 81585"
Lettered, lower left under image: "H Bunbury Esqr Delin,,t"; lower center: "THE DESERTER. | London, Publishe'd March 1st; 1784 by W. Dickinson Engrager & Printseller No 158 New Bond Street."; lower right under image: "W Dickinson Excudt"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- begging | belts | boots | caps | children | church | cloaks | feathers | genre subject | hats | house | jackets | mother | sashes | soldiers | spinning wheel | swords | vests | village | yarn
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.