Every Sous Begad!
- Additional Title(s):
Every Sous Begard
- Etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 × 8 11/16 inches (20.6 × 22.1 cm), Plate: 9 5/8 × 7 1/16 inches (24.4 × 17.9 cm), and Image: 8 7/16 × 6 5/8 inches (21.5 × 16.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "44565 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Mr. Bunbury del."; lower center: "EVERY SOUS BEGAD! | London Publish'd Feb. 14, 1799, by John Harris, Sweetings Alley, Cornhill."; lower right: "Js. Bretherton f."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anger | caricature | coat | costume | frown | frowning | genre subject | humor | man | parody | pockets (costume components) | riding boots | satire | tricorne | waistcoat | whip | wig
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Bretherton, ca. 1730–1806, British, Every Sous Begad!, 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.