- Watercress Gatherers, Rail's Head, Ferry Bridge, Twickenham
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink First published state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 7/8 × 16 1/8 inches (27.6 × 41 cm), Plate: 8 1/2 × 11 3/8 inches (21.6 × 28.9 cm), and Image: 7 3/8 × 10 1/2 inches (18.7 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "62. I"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "62. I."; lower center: "Cotswold Gallery, 1924, ex. G.E.Blood"
Blind embossed: "G.E. Blood" (Lugt 265c)
Lettered above image: "P"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by I.M.W.Turner Esq. RA.P.P. | Engraved by Thos.Lupton. | WATER CRESS GATHERERS. | Rails Head Ferry Bridge Twickenham | Pub. Jan. 1. 1819. by I.M.W.Turner Queen Ann Street West."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Watercress Gatherers, Rail's Head, Ferry Bridge, Twickenham, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.