- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink; Engraver's proof (c) on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 16 1/8 inches (27.3 × 41 cm), Plate: 8 3/8 × 11 3/8 inches (21.3 × 28.9 cm), Image: 7 3/8 × 10 3/4 inches (18.7 × 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "64 | Eng Pf (c)."; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "JAA | 64. EP(c). (J H.Hawkins, 1850"; lower center: "Cotswold Gallery 1924, ex G.E.Blood & J H. Hawkins."
Blind embossed: "G.E. Blood" (Lugt 265c)
Lettered above image: "M."; below image: "Drawn by I.M.W.Turner | Engraved by H.Dawe | Bonneville, Savoy. | Published Jan 1.1816. by J.M.W.Turner Queen Ann Street West"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Alps | Arve | Bonneville | France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Bonneville, Savoy, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.