- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink; First published state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 × 16 3/4 inches (29.2 × 42.5 cm), Plate: 8 3/8 × 11 3/8 inches (21.3 × 28.9 cm), Image: 7 3/8 × 10 3/4 inches (18.7 × 27.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "No. 64 1st State"; lower right: "T8878 | £15.15"
Turner sale mark: J. M. W. Turner (Lugt 1498)
Lettered above image: "M."; below image: "Drawn by I.M.W.Turner | Engraved by H.Dawe | Bonneville, Savoy. | Published Jan 1.1816. by J.M.W.Turner Queen Ann Street West"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Alps | Arve | Bonneville | France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Bonneville, Savoy, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.