- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink First published state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 × 16 3/4 inches (29.2 × 42.5 cm), Plate: 8 3/8 × 11 3/8 inches (21.3 × 28.9 cm), and Image: 7 3/8 × 10 3/4 inches (18.7 × 27.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "No. 64 1st State"; lower right: "T8878 | £15.15"
Blind embossed: JMW Turner Sale (Lugt 1498)
Lettered above image: "M."; below image: "Drawn by I.M.W.Turner | Engraved by H.Dawe | Bonneville, Savoy. | Published Jan 1.1816. by J.M.W.Turner Queen Ann Street West"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Alps | Arve | Bonneville | France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Bonneville, Savoy, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.