- John Jehu L'Inghilterra
- Etching on medium, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 x 8 1/4 inches (29.6 x 21 cm), Plate: 10 3/8 x 6 15/16 inches (26.4 x 17.7 cm), and Image: 8 3/4 x 6 7/16 inches (22.3 x 16.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right, very faint: "Ja[...] Rolinson [...]"; on back, lower left: "44331 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "HWBunbury delin : 1772."; lower center: "JOHN JEHU | L'INGHILTERRA. | Publish'd as the Act directs 6th. March. 1772. by J. Bretherton. No. 134 New Bond Street [swirled mark]"; lower right: "J. Bretherton, f."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- alcohol | beer | breeches (trousers) | caricature | coachman | coat | costume | cravat | drinking | food | genre subject | humor | man | mug | parody | pot | profile (figure) | satire | tricorne | waistcoat | whip
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Bretherton, ca. 1730–1806, British, John Jehu L'Inghilterra, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.