Aesacus and Hesperie
- Part Of:
- Etching, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 11 3/8 × 17 inches (28.9 × 43.2 cm), 8 1/4 × 11 3/8 inches (21 × 28.9 cm), and 7 × 10 1/8 inches (17.8 × 25.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "F66 II"; lower center: "Aesacus"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "hcL"; lower right: "L H"
Blind embossed: JMW Turner Sale (Lugt 1498)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- branches | figure study | figures | leaves | nymph | tree
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Aesacus and Hesperie, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.