Aesacus and Hesperie
- Part Of:
- Etching, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 17 inches (28.9 × 43.2 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 3/8 inches (21 × 28.9 cm), and Image: 7 × 10 1/8 inches (17.8 × 25.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "F66 II"; lower center: "Aesacus"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "hcL"; lower right: "L H"
Blind embossed: JMW Turner Sale (Lugt 1498)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- branches | figure study | figures | tree
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Aesacus and Hesperie, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.