- Lady Pointing with a Stick
- Etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/16 x 8 11/16 inches (30.7 x 22.1 cm), Plate: 10 3/4 x 7 5/16 inches (27.3 x 18.5 cm), and Image: 10 1/2 x 7 inches (26.7 x 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "44556 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "C. Bretherton f. Jany. 7th. 1782."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron | bonnet (hat) | bow (costume accessory) | bustles | costume | curls | dress | fichu | genre subject | gown | lady | path | pointing | ribbon | staff (walking stick) | stick | walking | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Bretherton, ca. 1760–1783, British, Lady Pointing with a Stick, 1782
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.