- A Maid
- Etching on moderately thick, rough, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 10 15/16 x 7 1/8 inches (27.8 x 18.1 cm), Plate: 9 3/4 x 6 3/4 inches (24.8 x 17.2 cm), and Image: 8 13/16 x 6 1/4 inches (22.4 x 15.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "18423"; on back, lower left: "44549 (encircled)" on back, lower right: "1/"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "Mr. Bunbury del. | Publish'd 20th. Jany. 1774."; lower right: "Js. Bretherton f."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron | basket | bonnet (hat) | dress | figure study | genre subject | maid | mob cap | profile (figure) | shadow | walking | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Bretherton, ca. 1730–1806, British, A Maid, 1774
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.