William Howley, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Part Of:
- Lithography on thick, smooth, beige, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 20 7/8 × 14 3/16 inches (53 × 36 cm) and Chine collé: 13 3/4 × 9 5/8 inches (34.9 × 24.4 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "HIS GRACE | THE ARCHBISHOP OF CANTERBURY. | W. Cantuar: | London, Sept. 1839, Published by Messr. Colnaghi & Puckle, No.23, Cockspur Street, Charing Cross."; lettered, lower left: "W.C.Ross A.R.A.delt."; lettered, lower right: "On Stone by M. Gauci"; lettered, lower right: "PROOF"; lettered, lower center: "Printed by P.Gauci, 9, North Crest Bedf. Sqr."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archbishop | coats of arms | man | portrait | religious and mythological subject | vest
- Associated People:
- Howley, William (1766–1848), archbishop of Canterbury
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
M. Gauci, 1810–1846, William Howley, Archbishop of Canterbury, 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.