William Howley, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Part Of:
- Lithography on thick, smooth, beige, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 20 7/8 × 14 3/16 inches (53 × 36 cm) and Chine collé: 13 3/4 × 9 5/8 inches (34.9 × 24.4 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "HIS GRACE | THE ARCHBISHOP OF CANTERBURY. | W. Cantuar: | London, Sept. 1839, Published by Messr. Colnaghi & Puckle, No.23, Cockspur Street, Charing Cross."; lettered, lower left: "W.C.Ross A.R.A.delt."; lettered, lower right: "On Stone by M. Gauci"; lettered, lower right: "PROOF"; lettered, lower center: "Printed by P.Gauci, 9, North Crest Bedf. Sqr."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archbishop | coats of arms | man | portrait | religious and mythological subject | vest
- Associated People:
- Howley, William (1766–1848), archbishop of Canterbury
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
M. Gauci, 1810–1846, William Howley, Archbishop of Canterbury, 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.