Woman Praying in Church
- Materials & Techniques:
- Drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 1/2 x 10 3/16 inches (44.4 x 25.9 cm), Plate: 13 7/8 x 6 7/8 inches (35.3 x 17.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "26"; lower center: "559D-ETx"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "R. Stanley-Brown [swirled mark]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Judith Zlotsky
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apse | arches | architectural subject | architecture | candles | candlesticks | chiaroscuro | Christianity | church | church architecture | columns (architectural elements) | cross (object) | crucifix | dress | genre subject | halo | kneeler (religious building fixture) | kneeling | light | pillars | prayer | praying | religious and mythological subject | stained glass | stairs | tabernacle | window | woman
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7–2 BC/BCE to 30–36 AD/CE)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Rudolph Stanley-Brown, 1889–1944, American, Woman Praying in Church, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.