Christ and the Woman of Samaria
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink First published state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/4 × 17 1/4 inches (28.6 × 43.8 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 1/2 inches (21 × 29.2 cm), and Image: 7 1/4 × 10 3/8 inches (18.4 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "71. I."; lower right: "1"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "71.I"l lower center: "Cotswold Gallery 1924, ex. G.E.Blood"; lower right: "jw/jw/n"
Blind embossed: JMW Turner Sale (Lugt 1498); blind embossed: "G.E. Blood" (Lugt 265c)
Lettered above image: "H"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by I.M.W.Turner Esq R.A.P.P. | Engraved by S.W.Reynolds. | CHRIST AND THE WOMAN OF SAMARIA | Pub. Jan. 1.1819. by I.M.W.Turner Queen Anne Street West."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archways | cityscape | men | religious and mythological subject | sunlight | teaching | trees | water well | woman
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Christ and the Woman of Samaria, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.