- Apuleia in Search of Apuleius
- between 1813 and 1823
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink Engraver's proof (f) on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 × 17 inches (29.8 × 43.2 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 1/2 inches (21 × 29.2 cm), and Image: 7 1/4 × 10 5/8 inches (18.4 × 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "By J. M. W. Turner | Very Rare"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "[...] proof | Very Rare, Unpublished"; lower right: "117 | 60"
Blind embossed: "W. S." William Say (Lugt 2651)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | buildings | field | flock | landscape | literary theme | mountains | religious and mythological subject | river | searching | staff | trees | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Apuleia in Search of Apuleius, between 1813 and 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.