IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James Bretherton, ca. 1730–1806, British, Monsieur Le Fouet, La Francia, 1772
Monsieur Le Fouet, La Francia
- Etching on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 × 6 3/4 inches (26.4 × 17.2 cm), Image: 7 13/16 × 6 7/16 inches (19.8 × 16.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "44530 (encircled)"
Lettered in graphite, lower left: "HWBunbury delin : 1772"; lower center: "MONSIEUR LE FOUET | LA FRANCIA | Publish'd as the Act directs 6th. March 1772. by I. Bretherton No. 134. New Bond Street."; lower right: "I. Bretherton f."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bag wig | bow (costume accessory) | caricature | coachman | coat | costume | genre subject | hat | humor | macaroni | man | moustache | parody | pattern (design element) | postilion | profile (figure) | riding boots | satire | snuff | snuffbox | staff (walking stick) | tobacco | whip
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.