Glaucus and Scylla
- Part Of:
- 1813 to 1823
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink Modern Impression on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 13 1/8 × 16 5/8 inches (33.3 × 42.2 cm), 8 1/4 × 11 3/8 inches (21 × 28.9 cm), and 7 × 10 1/4 inches (17.8 × 26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "One of 25 Selected Impressions"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "Aous"; lower right: "AM/OA | sys/"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | cliffs | god | nymph | religious and mythological subject | rocks (landforms) | sea | sun | trees
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Glaucus and Scylla, 1813 to 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.