Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Glaucus and Scylla, between 1813 and 1823
Glaucus and Scylla
- Part Of:
- between 1813 and 1823
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 × 13 1/2 inches (25.4 × 34.3 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 3/8 inches (21 × 28.9 cm), Image: 7 × 10 1/4 inches (17.8 × 26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "73."; lower right: "1780 | 21"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | figures | rocks (landforms) | trees
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.