Glaucus and Scylla
- Part Of:
- between 1813 and 1823
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink Engraver's proof (h) on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 15 1/2 inches (27.3 × 39.4 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 3/8 inches (21 × 28.9 cm), and Image: 7 × 10 1/4 inches (17.8 × 26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W. Turner R. A."; lower center: "Glaucus & Scylla"; lower right: "Engraved by W. Say"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "H. H. | Reiss Colln"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | cliffs | god | nymph | religious and mythological subject | rocks (landforms) | running | sea | sun | trees
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Glaucus and Scylla, between 1813 and 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.