- Paysanne de la France
- Drypoint prints on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 x 7 11/16 inches (24.5 x 19.5 cm), Plate: 6 7/16 x 5 11/16 inches (16.3 x 14.5 cm), and Image: 5 13/16 x 5 1/16 inches (14.7 x 12.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "44571 (circled)"
Lettered, upper left: "Paysanne de la France" (very faint); upper right: "HWB f"; lower right: "H Bunbury fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron | cap | caricature | clogs | coat | costume | cross (motif) | elderly | fan | French | genre subject | nose | peasant | rocks (landforms) | rosary | satire | skirts | ugly | woman
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry William Bunbury, 1750–1811, British, Paysanne de la France, 1769-1770
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.