- Etching on moderately thick, rough, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 10 13/16 x 8 1/2 inches (27.5 x 21.6 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 x 5 7/8 inches (21 x 14.9 cm), and Image: 7 3/16 x 5 5/8 inches (18.3 x 14.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "18445"; on back, lower right: "III"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "JWBunbury delin."; lower center: "POSTIGLIONE GERMANICO | Publish'd as the Act directs April 1772 by J. Bretherton No. 134 New Bond Street."; lower right: "Chas. Bretherton junr. f."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | coat | costume | dog (animal) | door | driver | genre subject | German | hat | man | parody | pipe (smoking equipment) | postilion | satire | smoke | smoking (activity) | stairs | trees | waistcoat | whip
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Bretherton, ca. 1760–1783, British, Postiglione Germanico, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.