- Etching on moderately thick, rough, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 10 13/16 x 8 1/2 inches (27.5 x 21.6 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 x 5 7/8 inches (21 x 14.9 cm), and Image: 7 3/16 x 5 5/8 inches (18.3 x 14.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "18445"; on back, lower right: "III"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "JWBunbury delin."; lower center: "POSTIGLIONE GERMANICO | Publish'd as the Act directs April 1772 by J. Bretherton No. 134 New Bond Street."; lower right: "Chas. Bretherton junr. f."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | coat | costume | dog (animal) | door | driver | genre subject | German | hat | man | parody | pipe (smoking equipment) | postilion | satire | smoke | smoking (activity) | stairs | trees | waistcoat | whip
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Bretherton, ca. 1760–1783, British, Postiglione Germanico, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.