Engraved by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, The Deluge, between 1813 and 1823
- Part Of:
- between 1813 and 1823
- Mezzotint, printed in brown ink Modern Impression on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 18 inches (35.6 × 45.7 cm), Plate: 8 7/8 × 11 7/8 inches (22.5 × 30.2 cm), and Image: 7 7/8 × 11 inches (20 × 27.9 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bird | deluge | drowning | literary theme | men | Old Testament | rain | religious and mythological subject | rocks (landforms) | suffering | swelling | trees | water | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.