A New Drawing Book of Variety of Landskips
- ca. 1730
- Etching on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 12 13/16 x 8 1/8 inches (32.5 x 20.7 cm), Plate: 9 13/16 x 6 1/4 inches (24.9 x 15.9 cm), Image: 3 1/8 x 6 1/16 inches (8 x 15.4 cm), and Image: 2 15/16 x 6 1/16 inches (7.4 x 15.4 cm)
Lettered, upper image, center: "A New | DRAWING BOOK of variety | of LANDSKIPS | Design'd on purpose to DRAW after. | (long horizontal line) Printed for Sold by Tho. Bowles next | to ye Chapter House St. Paul's Church Yard ~ | where may be had Several other Drawing books."; lower right under upper image: "J. Carwitham Sculp. 1"; lower right under lower image: "2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | axes | birds | bridges (built works) | bushes | carts | church | clouds | hay | hoes | houses | illustration | landscape | leaves | mill | owl | river | riverbank | rocks (landforms) | scythes | shovels | town | trees | vines | walkways | wheelbarrows
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by J. Carwitham, active 1720–1740, A New Drawing Book of Variety of Landskips, ca. 1730
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.