Robert Cleveley, Esqr. Marine Painter to his R. H., The Prince of Wales and Marine Draftsman to his R. H. The Duke of Clarence
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Mount: 4 9/16 x 3 13/16 inches (11.6 x 9.7 cm), Sheet: 4 1/2 x 3 5/16 inches (11.4 x 8.4 cm), and Image: 3 9/16 x 2 13/16 inches (9 x 7.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "C (circled)"; on back, lower right: "1/ | 25A"
Lettered, lower center: "Painted by Sir W. Beechey, Engraved by Freeman. | Robert Clevely, Esq.r | Marine Painter to His R.H. the Prince of Wales | and Marine Draftsman to his R.H. the Duke of Clarence"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | collar | cravat | draftsman (artist) | gaze | painter | portrait | posing | solemn
- Associated People:
- Cleveley, Robert (1747–1809), marine painter
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Freeman, 1773–1857, British, Robert Cleveley, Esqr. Marine Painter to his R. H., The Prince of Wales and Marine Draftsman to his R. H. The Duke of Clarence, 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.