Procris and Cephalus
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink Finished state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 3/8 × 18 inches (34 × 45.7 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 1/2 inches (21 × 29.2 cm), and Image: 7 1/4 × 10 3/8 inches (18.4 × 26.4 cm)
Lettered above image: "H.M."; scratched lettering below image: "J.M.W.Turner | Thos. Lupton | 1864 | Procris and Cephalus | Proof"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrow | bow | Cephalus inadvertently kills Procris | death | dog | foliage | landscape | literary theme | love-affairs of Cephalus | man | Metamorphoses | mourning | mourning of Procris | path | quiver | religious and mythological subject | tree | woman | woods
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Goff Lupton, 1791–1873, British, Procris and Cephalus, 1864
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.