IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Thomas Goff Lupton, 1791–1873, British, Procris and Cephalus, 1864
Procris and Cephalus
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink Finished state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 3/8 × 18 inches (34 × 45.7 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 1/2 inches (21 × 29.2 cm), Image: 7 1/4 × 10 3/8 inches (18.4 × 26.4 cm)
Lettered above image: "H.M."; scratched lettering below image: "J.M.W.Turner | Thos. Lupton | 1864 | Procris and Cephalus | Proof"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrow | bow | Cephalus inadvertently kills Procris | death | dog | foliage | landscape | literary theme | love-affairs of Cephalus | man | Metamorphoses | mourning | mourning of Procris | path | quiver | religious and mythological subject | tree | woman | woods
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.