Front of the New Mills
- Etching on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 12 1/2 x 17 3/8 inches (31.8 x 44.2 cm), Plate: 8 15/16 x 11 15/16 inches (22.7 x 30.3 cm), and Image: 8 9/16 x 11 1/2 inches (21.7 x 29.2 cm)
Marked in blue ink, on front, collector's stamp: "NC (interlaced"
Lettered, upper right: "J. Crome 1813"; lower center: "FRONT OF THE NEW MILLS."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | chimneys | fences | fishing | genre subject | gesturing | hats | houses | labor | landscape | men | mill | punts | river | rowboats | talking | trees | village
- Associated Places:
- England | Norfolk | Norwich | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Crome, 1768–1821, British, Front of the New Mills, 1813