Front of the New Mills
- Etching on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 12 1/2 x 17 3/8 inches (31.8 x 44.2 cm), Plate: 8 15/16 x 11 15/16 inches (22.7 x 30.3 cm), and Image: 8 9/16 x 11 1/2 inches (21.7 x 29.2 cm)
Marked in blue ink, on front, collector's stamp: "NC (interlaced"
Lettered, upper right: "J. Crome 1813"; lower center: "FRONT OF THE NEW MILLS."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | chimneys | fences | fishing | genre subject | gesturing | hats | houses | labor | landscape | men | mill | punts | river | rowboats | talking | trees | village
- Associated Places:
- England | Norfolk | Norwich | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Crome, 1768–1821, British, Front of the New Mills, 1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.