Fitting out. - Plate 1
- Part Of:
- Aquatint and etching, hand-colored on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 x 13 15/16 inches (25.4 x 35.4 cm), Plate: 8 3/8 x 11 5/16 inches (21.2 x 28.8 cm), Image: 6 5/8 x 9 3/4 inches (16.9 x 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, upper right: "53."; on back, lower right: "55551/8"
Lettered, upper center: "Fitting out. _"; upper right: "Plate 1."; lower left: "(image of an anchor) inv.t"; lower center: "He Hails in life's advancing day | Amusive hopes se prospects gay | Nor in the wide horizon round | Can e'er one little speckle found | to cloud the scene - Anon"; lower right: "G Cruikshank sculpts"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- books | bottles | boxes | boy | caricature | cases (containers) | chasing | children | clothes | cook | crying | daughters | fittings | genre subject | girls | hats | humor | illustration | list | man | midshipman | packing | pictures | Royal Navy | satire | ship | shoes | son | suitcase | tools | toys | trunks | woman | yelling
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cruikshank, 1792–1878, British, Fitting out. - Plate 1, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.