Presented by the Officers
- Additional Title(s):
Inscription on the Reverse Side of the Vase. Presented by the Officers, Noncommissioned Officers and Privates of the Earl of Chester's Legion to their Colonel Sir John Fleming Leicester Bart. October 22, 1813"
- after 1813
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper with gray chine collé
- Sheet: 18 3/4 x 12 13/16 inches (47.6 x 32.5 cm), Plate: 18 3/8 x 12 3/8 inches (46.6 x 31.5 cm), Sheet (chine collé): 18 1/8 x 12 1/16 inches (46 x 30.7 cm), and Image: 14 11/16 x 5 3/16 inches (37.3 x 13.2 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "INSCRIPTION on the reverse SIDE of the VASE. | Presented | By the Officers Noncommissioned Officersand Privates of the | EARL of CHESTER'S LEGION to their COLONEL Sir John Fleming Leicester Bart. | In Tesimony of their Great Regard | And | As a just Tribute to his Active and unceasing Zeal and Attention | towards them on all Occasions | October 22d 1813."; lower left: "Drawn and Etched by G. Cuitt. | 1814"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- crest | crosses (motifs) | feathers | festoons | flowers (plants) | garlands | insignia | monument | sculpture | sphinxes | statue | still life | vase | vessel
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cuitt, 1779–1854, British, Presented by the Officers, after 1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.