The Magicians Marching off After the Success of their Incantations
- ca. 1763
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 7/8 x 20 3/8 inches (45.4 x 51.8 cm) and Image: 16 1/4 x 20 1/4 inches (41.3 x 51.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "IR74/140"
Lettered lower left: "J. Collins invt. et Pinxt. from Tasso's Jerusalem Deliver'd"; lower center: "Plate 2nd. The Magicians marching off after the Success of their Incantations. - Page 395. | To Willm. Windham Esqr. this Plate is most humbly Inscrib'd, by his most Obedient humble Servt. | Elizth. Jane Collins."; lower right: "P.Sandby & E Rooker sculp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- forest | genre subject | magicians | men | trees | turbans | woods
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Rooker, 1724–1774, British, The Magicians Marching off After the Success of their Incantations, ca. 1763