The Magicians Marching off After the Success of their Incantations
- ca. 1763
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 17 7/8 x 20 3/8 inches (45.4 x 51.8 cm) and Image: 16 1/4 x 20 1/4 inches (41.3 x 51.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "IR74/140"
Lettered lower left: "J. Collins invt. et Pinxt. from Tasso's Jerusalem Deliver'd"; lower center: "Plate 2nd. The Magicians marching off after the Success of their Incantations. - Page 395. | To Willm. Windham Esqr. this Plate is most humbly Inscrib'd, by his most Obedient humble Servt. | Elizth. Jane Collins."; lower right: "P.Sandby & E Rooker sculp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- forest | genre subject | magicians | men | trees | turbans | woods
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Rooker, 1724–1774, British, The Magicians Marching off After the Success of their Incantations, ca. 1763
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.