A Morning Scene of the Forest with Rinaldo on the Bank of the Enchanted River
- ca. 1763
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 17 3/4 x 20 1/2 inches (45.1 x 52.1 cm) and Image: 16 x 20 1/4 inches (40.6 x 51.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "IR74/141"
Lettered lower left: "John Collins Pinxit, from Tafso's Jerusalem deliver'd"; lower center: "A Morning Scene of the Forest with Rinaldo, on the Bank of the Enchanted River. - Plate 6, Page 533. - | To Robert Price Esqr. This Plate is Inscribed by his most obliged humble Servant, | Elizth. Jane Collins." lower right: "P.Sandby & E. Rooker sculp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- forest | genre subject | landscape | river | soldier
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Rooker, 1724–1774, British, A Morning Scene of the Forest with Rinaldo on the Bank of the Enchanted River, ca. 1763
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.