The Fire in H.M. Dockyard at Devonport on the Morning of the 27th of September 1840
- after 1840
- Hand-colored lithograph on moderately thick, smooth, beige card
- Sheet: 15 3/16 x 18 3/4 inches (38.6 x 47.6 cm), Image: 12 3/8 x 17 11/16 inches (31.5 x 45 cm)
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Lettered, lower left under image: "From a Painting by N.C. Condy Esq.r"; lower center: "This Print representing the Fire in H.M. Dock Yard at Devonport, on the morning of the 27th,, of September,1840. | is respectfully dedicated to Rear Admiral Superintendent Warren, the Officers, & Men of the Dock Yard. | by their obedient Servant S. Saunders."; lower right under image: "Lithographed by W. Clerk, 202 High Holborn, London"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anchors | astronomy | barges | boats | buildings | dockyard | fire | flames | galleons | lanterns | men | night | ocean | punts | rowboats | Royal Navy | science | seamen | ships | smoke | soldiers | stars
- Associated Places:
- Devon | Devonport | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Clerk, ? 19th c., The Fire in H.M. Dockyard at Devonport on the Morning of the 27th of September 1840, after 1840
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.