Façade St. Jean
- ca. 1824
- Materials & Techniques:
- Lithograph on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 15/16 x 18 3/8 inches (30.4 x 46.6 cm), Image: 8 11/16 x 11 15/16 inches (22.1 x 30.3 cm)
Inscribed in blue pen, on back, lower left: "Curtis 78"; in graphite, lower left: "EM.1575 (underlined) | ut"
Lettered above image, upper center: "Voyage a Lyon."; lettered inside image, lower right: "R P Bonington"; below image, lower left: "Chapuy del."; lower center: "Lith de G Engelmann. | Facade de S,,t Jean."; lower right: "Bonington inv."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | buckets (vessels) | buttresses | carts | cathedral | cityscape | cloaks | clock | columns | facade | Grand Tour | horses (animals) | men | naves | people | sculpture | spires | square | stained glass | stairs | street | women | workers
- Associated Places:
- France | Lyon | Lyon Cathedral | Place Saint-Jean
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Parkes Bonington, 1802–1828, British, Façade St. Jean, ca. 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.