Narcissus and Echo
- Part Of:
- Soft-ground etching printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 12 1/8 × 17 1/8 inches (30.8 × 43.5 cm), 7 7/8 × 11 1/8 inches (20 × 28.3 cm), and 7 × 10 3/8 inches (17.8 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite: "Coll. Sr. Goulding, Imp."; "Frank Short to H [...]"
Monogrammed in plate: "S" on shield
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Frank Short"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- city | figures | landscape | nymph | religious and mythological subject | vegetation | water
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Sir Frank Short, 1857–1945, British, Narcissus and Echo, 1896
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.