Bords de la Seine
- Part Of:
- between 1849 and 1862
- Lithograph on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 3/8 x 17 5/8 inches (31.4 x 44.7 cm), Image: 5 7/8 x 8 1/16 inches (14.9 x 20.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Man[...] 27"; on back, lower left: "25.595 (underlined) | BV"
Marked with embossed stamp, lower center: "LES ARTISTES ANCIENS ET MODERNS"
Lettered, upper right: "27"; lower left: "Bonington, pinx. | Bords de la Seine."; lower center: "Imp. Bertats, Paris"; lower right: "Francais, lith. | Cabinet de Mr. Dreux"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barge | birds | boats | bushes | cathedral | fishing | landscape | masts | men | reeds | river | shore (landform) | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Seine
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Louis Francais, 1814–1897, French, Bords de la Seine, between 1849 and 1862
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.