- Part Of:
- Etching on thick, slightly textured, cream card with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 6 1/16 x 4 3/4 inches (15.4 x 12.1 cm), Plate: 5 3/4 x 4 inches (14.6 x 10.1 cm), Sheet: 5 5/8 x 3 7/8 inches (14.3 x 9.8 cm), and Image: 4 7/8 x 3 7/16 inches (12.4 x 8.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper center: "o"; on back, lower right: "2 (encircled) N"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "C W Cope Etch & Club"; lower right: "Deep[...]"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "C. W. Cope Ra"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- altar | balcony | Bible | Christianity | cross (object) | crucifix | dark | dress | genre subject | gown | illustration | interior | kneeler (religious building fixture) | kneeling | light | morning | prayer | praying | profile (figure) | religious and mythological subject | sunrise | tabernacle | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles West Cope, 1811–1890, British, Morning Prayer, 1844
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.