- Part Of:
- Etching on thick, slightly textured, cream card with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 6 1/16 x 4 3/4 inches (15.4 x 12.1 cm), Plate (bottom side cropped off): 5 3/4 x 4 inches (14.6 x 10.1 cm), Sheet (chine collé): 5 5/8 x 3 7/8 inches (14.3 x 9.8 cm), and Image: 4 7/8 x 3 7/16 inches (12.4 x 8.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper center: "o"; on back, lower right: "2 (encircled) N"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "C W Cope Etch & Club"; lower right: "Deep[...]"
signed in graphite, on chine collé, lower center: "C. W. Cope Ra"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- altar | balcony | Bible | Christianity | cross (object) | crucifix | dark | dress | genre subject | gown | illustration | interior | kneeler (religious building fixture) | kneeling | light | morning | prayer | praying | profile (figure) | religious and mythological subject | sunrise | tabernacle | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles West Cope, 1811–1890, British, Morning Prayer, 1844
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.