Study of Trees on the Banks of the Yare
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/4 x 6 5/8 inches (13.3 x 16.9 cm), Plate: 3 x 4 1/2 inches (7.6 x 11.5 cm), and Image: 2 13/16 x 4 7/16 inches (7.2 x 11.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "M. E. COTMAN"; on back, center: "HH (encircled)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cattle | cows | hills | landscape | river | riverbanks | sailboats | sails | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Norfolk | United Kingdom | Yare
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Miles Edmund Cotman, 1810–1858, British, Study of Trees on the Banks of the Yare, 1846
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.