Brougham Castle, near the Junction of the Rivers Eamont and Lowther
- Part Of:
- 1823 to 1827
- Mezzotint; engraver's proof (b) (touched)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Engraver's Proof (b) | Rainbow scraped on the left to lighten it | Turner."; lower center: "Brougham Castle on the Eamont"; lower right: 'Engraver's Proof | touched by Turner | W.G.R"
Collector's mark: "W.G.R"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | landscape (representation) | rivers
- Associated Places:
- Brougham Castle | Cumbria | Eamont | England | Lowther
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Say, 1768–1834, British, Brougham Castle, near the Junction of the Rivers Eamont and Lowther, 1823 to 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.