- Etching on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 4 1/4 x 6 3/8 inches (10.8 x 16.2 cm), Plate: 3 11/16 x 5 7/8 inches (9.3 x 15 cm), and Image: 2 7/8 x 5 3/16 inches (7.3 x 13.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower center: "Thomas Creswick RA"; on back, center: "H"
Lettered, lower left: "Thomas Creswick"; lower center: "Etching Club March 1839"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | clouds | genre subject | lake | landscape | marine art | men | moon | moonlight | night | oars | reeds | river | rowboat | trees | windmill
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Creswick, 1811–1869, British, Moonlight, 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.