Bergues - La Tour du Marché
- Former Title(s):
Restes et Fragments d'Architecture du Moyen Age / La Tour du Marché
- Part Of:
- Lithograph on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- 10 1/4 x 7 1/4 inches (26.1 x 18.4 cm), 8 7/8 x 6 1/4 inches (22.5 x 15.8 cm), and 7 13/16 x 5 3/8 inches (19.9 x 13.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower right: "H B 17"; on back, lower center: "DUBUISSON 120 18 II "LE JOUR DU MARCHE" = I | C 6 II"
Lettered, in black ink, upper center: "Bergues."; lower left under image: "R. P. Bonington."; lower center, under chine collé: "LA TOUR DU MARCHE."; lower right under image: "Lith de Feillet."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | belfry | buckets | buildings | buying | carts | children | city | cloaks | clock | clouds | coverings | genre subject | market (building) | Medieval | men | road | selling | shops | signs | stores | street | talking | tower (building division) | wagons | walking | wheels | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- Bergues | Europe | France | Nord | Nord-Pas-de-Calais
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Parkes Bonington, 1802–1828, British, Bergues - La Tour du Marché, 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.