- Back of the New Mills, Norwich
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 3/8 x 16 3/4 inches (31.5 x 42.6 cm), Plate: 9 1/16 x 11 15/16 inches (23 x 30.4 cm), and Image: 8 3/8 x 11 5/16 inches (21.3 x 28.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "(text crossed out)"; center right: "C Sowerly | 1" Con[..] Cash Plain 1 1/2 Lots | Plain mount 2 x 1 " | show as much original | paper as possible"
Lettered, upper left: "J Crome Fecit 1812"
Signed in brown ink, on front, lower right: "J. Crome"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | fences | fishing | genre subject | grass | houses | houses | industry | landscape | men | mill | oars | pond | punts | reeds | river | rowboat | rural | tree | trees | trunks | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Norfolk | Norwich | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Crome, 1768–1821, British, Back of the New Mills, Norwich, 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.