Richard Cosway, R. A.
- Materials & Techniques:
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 13 15/16 x 9 13/16 inches (35.4 x 25 cm), Plate: 10 11/16 x 8 inches (27.2 x 20.3 cm), Image: 10 11/16 x 8 inches (27.2 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "W"
Lettered, lower left: "Geo. Dance April 6, 1793"; lower center: "Richard Cosway R.A. | Published by Will.m Daniell No.9 Cleveland Street, Fitzroy Square, London, June 1, 1811."; lower right: "W.m Daniell Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | bust | collar | cravat | painter | portrait | posing | profile | wig
- Associated People:
- Cosway, Richard (bap. 1742, d. 1821), artist and collector
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
James Hamilton, A Strange Business : A Revolution in Art, Culture, and Commerce in 19th Century London, Pegasus Books, New York, London, 2015, see plate seciton between pp. 178 and 179, unnumber plate, N8600 .H36 2015 (YCBA) [YCBA]