The Black Tower Norwich
- Part Of:
- between 1810 and 1811
- Soft-ground etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 9/16 x 8 3/16 inches (26.8 x 20.8 cm), Plate: 9 3/4 x 7 7/8 inches (24.8 x 20 cm), Image: 6 11/16 x 7 1/2 inches (17 x 19 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "12/11"
Lettered, lower center: ".THE BLACK TOWER NORWICH."; lower right: "Drawn & Etched by Robt Dixon"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ancient | architectural subject | barges | boats | buildings | grass | illustration | landscape | marine art | river | ruins | sailboats | tower (building division) | town
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Norfolk | Norwich | United Kingdom | Wensum
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Dixon, 1780–1815, British, The Black Tower Norwich, between 1810 and 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.