- The Black Tower Norwich
- between 1810 and 1811
- Soft-ground etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 9/16 x 8 3/16 inches (26.8 x 20.8 cm), Plate: 9 3/4 x 7 7/8 inches (24.8 x 20 cm), and Image: 6 11/16 x 7 1/2 inches (17 x 19 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "12/11"
Lettered, lower center: ".THE BLACK TOWER NORWICH."; lower right: "Drawn & Etched by Robt Dixon"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ancient | architectural subject | barges | boats | buildings | grass | illustration | landscape | marine art | river | ruins | sailboats | tower (building division) | town
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Norfolk | Norwich | United Kingdom | Wensum
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Dixon, 1780–1815, British, The Black Tower Norwich, between 1810 and 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.