- The Greyfriars Tower, Lynn, as it appeared 1801
- between 1810 and 1811
- Soft-ground etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 15/16 x 8 1/16 inches (25.3 x 20.5 cm), Plate: 9 13/16 x 7 13/16 inches (25 x 19.8 cm), and Image: 9 1/4 x 7 11/16 inches (23.5 x 19.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "12/13"
Lettered, lower right inside image: "The Grey Friars Tower Lynn. | as it appeared 1801. | Robt Dixon Del et Sc--"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | cart | chimneys | church | fences | Franciscan | genre subject | horse (animal) | houses | illustration | labor | monastery | peasant | road | ruins | spires | street | tower (building division) | village | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greyfriars Tower | King's Lynn | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Dixon, 1780–1815, British, The Greyfriars Tower, Lynn, as it appeared 1801, between 1810 and 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.