- Beeston Priory, Beeston Regis
- between 1810 and 1811
- Soft-ground etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 11/16 x 8 3/16 inches (27.1 x 20.8 cm), Plate: 10 1/4 x 7 7/8 inches (26 x 20 cm), and Image: 8 1/4 x 7 1/2 inches (21 x 19 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "12/14"
Lettered, lower left: "Rob Dixon Del. et Sc~"; lower right: "Beeston Priory"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | bushes | cane | columns | fences | genre subject | illustration | man | old | planks | praying | priory | ruins | standing | stone | trees
- Associated Places:
- Beeston Regis | England | Europe | Norfolk | St. Mary's Priory (Beeston Regis Priory) | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Dixon, 1780–1815, British, Beeston Priory, Beeston Regis, between 1810 and 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.