St. Vincent's Rocks, Clifton (Hotwell House and Baths)
- ca. 1840
- Lithograph, hand-colored on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 16 x 21 1/8 inches (40.7 x 53.7 cm), Image: 11 13/16 x 17 5/8 inches (30 x 44.8 cm)
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Lettered, lower left: "J. Fagan del. et. lith. | PUBLISHED BY JAMES BOLTON, HOTWELL HOUSE, CLIFTON, BRISTOL."; lower center: "ST. VINCENT'S ROCKS, CLIFTON, | HOTWELL HOUSE AND BATHS."; lower right: "Day & Son, lith.rs to the Queen"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | barges | birds | boats | buildings | chimneys | cliffs | families | genre subject | hiking | horses (animals) | landscape | leisure | marine art | men | middle-class | peasants | river | sailboats | spa | stairs | steamboat | swimming | tourists | travellers | trees | walking | women | woods
- Associated Places:
- Avon | Bristol | Clifton | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, ( J. Fagan ), St. Vincent's Rocks, Clifton (Hotwell House and Baths), ca. 1840
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.