Peter the Wild Boy
- between 1765 and 1771
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 1/16 × 14 3/16 inches (50.9 × 36 cm) and Image: 17 1/4 × 14 inches (43.8 × 35.6 cm)
collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, on back, lower center, within two concentric circles: "PAUL MELLON | COLLECTION"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right, on bowl: "Peter Wild | Boy."; lower left: "P. Falconet pinxt."; lower right: "Val. Green Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | bowl | coat | intellectual disability | man | portrait | woods
- Associated People:
- Peter the Wild Boy (ca. 1712–1785)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, Peter the Wild Boy, between 1765 and 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.