Peter the Wild Boy
- between 1765 and 1771
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (cropped to plate): 20 1/16 x 14 3/16 inches (50.9 x 36 cm) and Image: 17 1/4 x 14 inches (43.8 x 35.6 cm)
collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, on back, lower center, within two concentric circles: "PAUL MELLON | COLLECTION"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right, on bowl: "Peter Wild | Boy."; lower left: "P. Falconet pinxt."; lower right: "Val. Green Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | bowl | coat | intellectual disability | man | portrait | woods
- Associated People:
- Peter the Wild Boy (ca. 1712–1785)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Valentine Green, 1739–1813, British, Peter the Wild Boy, between 1765 and 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.