- Etching, hand-colored on thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 15/16 × 15 3/8 inches (30.4 × 39.1 cm) and Image: 7 7/8 × 11 13/16 inches (20 × 30 cm)
Marked in blue ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: "Paul Mellon Collection"
Lettered, lower left inside image on shore: "Jos Farrington"; lower center: "Drawn and Etched by J Farington, R.A. | WINDSOR BRIDGE | Pubd as the Act directs Jany 2 1792 by John & Johah Boydell No 90 Cheapside"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barges | barrels | baskets | boats | boxes | bridge (built work) | cargo | city | cityscape | docks | hats | labor | marine art | men | oars | punts | river | rowboats | rowing | sand | seamen | shore (landform) | sticks | stone | tree | trees | women | working
- Associated Places:
- Berkshire | England | Eton | Thames | United Kingdom | Windsor | Windsor Bridge
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Joseph Farington, 1747–1821, British, Windsor Bridge, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.