- Etching, hand-colored on thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 11 15/16 x 15 3/8 inches (30.4 x 39.1 cm) and Image: 7 7/8 x 11 13/16 inches (20 x 30 cm)
Marked in blue ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: "Paul Mellon Collection"
Lettered, lower left inside image on shore: "Jos Farrington"; lower center: "Drawn and Etched by J Farington, R.A. | WINDSOR BRIDGE | Pubd as the Act directs Jany 2 1792 by John & Johah Boydell No 90 Cheapside"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barges | barrels | baskets | boats | boxes | bridge (built work) | cargo | city | cityscape | docks | hats | labor | marine art | men | oars | punts | river | rowboats | rowing | sand | seamen | shore (landform) | sticks | stone | tree | trees | women | working
- Associated Places:
- Berkshire | England | Eton | Thames | United Kingdom | Windsor | Windsor Bridge
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Joseph Farington, 1747–1821, British, Windsor Bridge, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.