- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and drypoint with gray wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/8 x 15 5/8 inches (35.9 x 39.7 cm), Plate: 10 13/16 x 12 3/8 inches (27.5 x 31.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "53/2"; upper right: "A509 Yale 34"; lower left: "Trio"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "John Copley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cellist | cello | chairs | coats | dress | genre subject | men | music | musicians | neckties | performance | performing artists | stage | trousers | violinists | violins | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
John Copley 1875-1950 (Yale Center for British Art, 1990-02-06 - 1990-04-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
John Copley, John Copley : 1875-1950, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1990, pp. 9, 15, no. 34, NJ18 .C7492 C66 1990 (YCBA) [YCBA]