The Mighty Mother Sails Through the Air
- Former Title(s):
- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (cropped to image): 10 5/16 x 7 5/8 inches (26.2 x 19.3 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower right: "Etched by Fueseli_"
Marked in blue ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: Paul Mellon Collection
Lettered, lower left: "Published June 1st 1787 by J. Johnson No 72 St Pauls Church Yard London"; lower right inside image, in Greek: "?a?daµat??" (with reference to Folly as "Great Mother")
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrows | balls | chalice | costume | crescent moons | dress | floating | flowers (plants) | horns | magic | mother | mythology | nude | ribbons | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry Fuseli, 1741–1825, Swiss, active in Britain (1766–70; 1779 on), The Mighty Mother Sails Through the Air, 1787
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.