- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- ca. 1882
- Etching and drypoint on thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- 9 1/2 x 12 1/4 inches (24.2 x 31.1 cm) and 5 1/8 x 7 15/16 inches (13 x 20.1 cm)
Artist's butterfly emblem, in black ink, within image, lower right; lettered in black ink, lower center: "CHELSEA. | DRAWN AND ETCHED BY J. A. Mc. NEIL WHISTLER. | LONDON, J. S. VIRTUE & Co. LIMITED."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald and Willi Holden
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barge | bridge (built work) | buildings | chimneys | cityscape | horses (animals) | lampposts | men | railing | river | shore (landform) | trees
- Associated Places:
- Chelsea | England | Hammersmith and Fulham | London | Putney Bridge | Thames | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James McNeill Whistler, 1834–1903, American, active in Britain (from 1859), Chelsea, ca. 1882
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.