- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 9 3/4 inches (19.1 × 24.8 cm)
Inscribed top in ink: "Armenian Astrakan"; bottom right in artist's hand in graphite: "David Allan", on verso, upper right in brown ink: "Kasan"
Signed in artist's hand bottom right in graphite: "David Allan"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of William Drummond
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | figures (representations)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
David Allan, 1744–1796, British, born in Scotland, Costume Study, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.