View of the Pantheon taken from the Arsenal
- Soft ground etching and aquatint
- Sheet: 16 3/4 x 26 1/2 inches (42.5 x 67.3 cm), Plate: 9 x 21 1/4 inches (22.9 x 54 cm), and Image: 5 15/16 x 17 3/8 inches (15.1 x 44.1 cm)
Watermark, upper left, upside down: "J WHATMAN"
Recto, lower left: "Drawn and Etch'd by Thoa. Girtin."; recto, lower left: "View of the Pantheon| taken from the ARSENAL"; recto, lower right: "Aquatinted by F.C. Lewis."; recto, lower right: "Vue du Pantheon| prife de L'ARSENAL"; recto, lower center: "LONDON: Publish'd Jany. 10. 1803, by JOHN GIRTIN No.1, Little Newport Street, Gerrard Street, SOHO."; recto, lower left: "SUBSCRN PRINT"; and recto, lower right: "12s"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boats | buildings | carriages | carts | cityscape | clouds | horses (animals) | people | river
- Associated Places:
- Bassin de l'Arsenal | Europe | France | Panthéon | Paris | Seine | Ville de Paris, Départment de | Île-de-France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of the Pantheon taken from the Arsenal, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.